Learn to Sing Like a Professional
You will better understand music, melody, and harmony as you work your way through this class. Every topic discussed includes singing exercises, written exercises, and quizzes, which is then submitted for feedback from ME personally. The last portion of the course puts it all together so that you’re not just watching a video about harmony, but you are actually singing it as you learn!
Your challenge is to sing and record 3 songs learning melody as well as harmony from a list of 7 to choose from.
How it Works
There will be detailed examples of how to sing the melody and harmonies to ensure a successful outcome for you.
You will need to record yourself on four tracks (mp3 + melody + 2 harmony lines). It’s completely up to you what you wanna record with. Logic and Pro Tools are the two big ones that working singers usually record with. If you are brand new to recording and unsure how to proceed, you can start with something as basic as Garageband, which is free. It works with Mac/PC and also has an iPhone app version. This course is not designed to teach about recording techniques but since you do need to be able to record, I have included a short tutorial video on how to record vocals using Garageband on the iphone app.
There will be a handful of singing exercises that are a requirement for completing the course. But c’mon, it’s SINGING and aren’t you here because you love to sing?
Singing Exercises includes: Interval Ear Training, Rhythm, Chords/Triads, Learning to Listen.
- Chapel of Love – The Shirelles
- Dreams – Fleetwood Mac
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
- Let It Be – The Beatles
- You Make My Dreams Come True – Hall & Oates
- Jealous – Nick Jonas
- Titanium – David Guetta/Sia
- Introduction – Meet your instructor Angela Michael. She has sung on hundreds of radio/tv commercials and film/tv spots. Harmony skills are vital to a successful singing career.
- Course Description – The Art of Listening, Interval and Ear Training, Chord Structure, and Breaking Down a Song, Creating Your Own Harmony, Recording Yourself Singing Various Exercises with Feedback From Angela.
- GarageBand Tutorial – For those that don’t have recording experience, there is a quick tutorial available so that you can complete the course exercises with ease. GarageBand is a free recording platform. For these exercises, you can simply use your built-in microphone from your device. For those that are well versed in recording, by all means, use the gear you have!
- Learn To Listen – Understand the importance of active listening so that you don’t miss your part!
- Intervals – Familiarize yourself with singing different pitches by remembering the distance between the notes. The more you understand distance, the easier it will be to sing the hard notes with accuracy.
- Chords – Understand which notes belong in each chord. Learn what makes up a chord and understand where your part fits in. Analyze a song to better understand how harmony and chords work together.
- Final Project – Sing and record harmony parts from a list of 7 popular songs to choose from: Chapel of Love, Dreams, I Wanna Dance With Somebody, Let It Be, You Make My Dreams Come True, Jealous, and Titanium. There will be feedback from me.
Signup & Get Started
Launching very soon. Signup for notification.